Buster Cupcakes

Buster Cupcakes
Buster and I are making all the cupcakes out of "Hello, Cupcake" by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson, like Julie Powell did with Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking". We are open to gimmicks of any flavor!







Hey, nice cupcakes!







Sunday, April 4, 2010

Down the Rabbit Hole...

One thing we've learned so far is do not try to find out of season items - Valentine candy boxes are expensive on Saint Patrick's Day! So we thought we'd better get all those Easter cupcakes done now! Start planning on inviting me to all your Christmas parties!


I had to buy the white circus peanuts for the rabbit feet on the internet as I could not find them in San Francisco. George Howe sent them within the week and with shipping it was only sixteen dollars for two bags, honestly less than it would have taken me in time and gas in the Prius to drive all over Northern California. Mr. Filmschool thought they were awesome and took them to work to celebrate his 4 year anniversary there. Those kids LOVE them some cupcakes- so we saved money on buying them some fancy donuts!

At least Louie doesn't laugh at me for breaking out the tweezers!


Another tip- you can put your white non-pareils in an old frosting container for storage- but make sure there's no holes in the bag when you pour them in! I also exploded the bag of jelly beans into my coffee on this one. Hey, nice jelly beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment