Buster Cupcakes

Buster Cupcakes
Buster and I are making all the cupcakes out of "Hello, Cupcake" by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson, like Julie Powell did with Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking". We are open to gimmicks of any flavor!







Hey, nice cupcakes!







Friday, April 16, 2010

Black and White but Tap Shoes, CD Release Party and 51-50 Party

Ten down, 40 more to go!
Mr. Filmschool says, "After all the words and pictures, it's a dang good cupcake!"





I volunteered to make tap shoe cupcakes for my tap dance teacher's SURPRISE 60th Birthday.


I shaped the shoes out of circus peanuts and then did the black food coloring/chocolate frosting whipping-dipping and DRIPPING technique. It occurred to me after I made 48 tap shoes that I could have cut the circus peanuts in half longways and they would have looked more like tap shoes than tranny platforms. I have to say though that I thoroughly studied tap teacher's tap shoes and they are like those character shoes with a little heel and wingtippy-ness, not like the Capezio sort of shiny ballet shoes that I have. I also realized too late that I could have let the tap shoes drip on one piece of parchment paper and then pulled them off and let them drip some more on another piece of parchment paper. I am getting Schooled in dripping. The tap class LOVED the cupcakes! One day I will be good at tap dancing AND cupcake making! I repurposed the leftover cupcakes for the Bitter Mystics CD release party at Biscuits and Blues. I was playing with my guitar teacher and it was his 51st birthday party as well- last year was his 50th so he was calling it his 51/50 party.
Good thing we didn't go reveling down the street and all get 51/50-ed! It was an AMAZING show- the band was SUPER tight and tons of people came out- very Saturday Night DOWNTOWN in the Big City.
Happy Birthday all you little Aries Rams- maybe that's my next cupcake- Zodiac signs....
I am one shoe loving lady, though. I think shoe cupcakes might be my next favorite after pets. Pencils down.















No comments:

Post a Comment