Buster Cupcakes

Buster Cupcakes
Buster and I are making all the cupcakes out of "Hello, Cupcake" by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson, like Julie Powell did with Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking". We are open to gimmicks of any flavor!







Hey, nice cupcakes!







Sunday, May 2, 2010

Fat Cats- Louie Cupcake!




I think we might have to start another blog completely for Louie Cupcakes. I find the candy covered sunflower seeds from Pier One to be very expressive for making eyes and mouths, it's the non-uniform organic shapes. I made the cupcakes from the "Hello, Cupcake" chocolate cake recipe, which turned out very good even though I used half-and-half instead of Buttermilk and added some chocolate chips just to gain some space in my cupboard and because that's fun. I was going to make German Chocolate Cake because that's my friend's favorite and it was her birthday- but I thought it might clash with the marshmallows, mint, licorice, and chocolate covered pomegranate seeds.
The cats were easy and fun to personalize- the other two are Tilly and Gus.
Louie loves photo shoots, too, especially Roast Beef!



3 comments:

  1. I love the Buster cupcakes! Those are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all you cupcakes are to cute i have been looking around...great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cupcakes are just fantastic! I love them all!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete