Buster Cupcakes

Buster Cupcakes
Buster and I are making all the cupcakes out of "Hello, Cupcake" by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson, like Julie Powell did with Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking". We are open to gimmicks of any flavor!







Hey, nice cupcakes!







Monday, May 24, 2010

Disco Dancin' Appletinis plus Corn and Petit Fours-





























It was a busy week with lots of fun and cupcakes! I made the agave sweetened gluten free cookies to get rid of some of the piles of dry goods in the cabinet and for fun, anyone need any corn starch? But I put m&m's on them and frosted them with Betty Crocker frosting so Mr. Film School said they were good. He's very excited to have art you can eat in the house, he says, "I can't eat your script!" We were invited to a party in the park, which Buster thought was the best party ever- on a lawn with people and dogs and food! Mr. Filmschool and I won the corn hole game! So I had to make the corn cupcakes. Luckily we discovered that Shaw's on West Portal does have bins of Jelly Bellies and white taffy so I could make a cupcake of Cupcake the white bulldog. I brought some new dog attempts to the party for the last day of tap class. I didn't really name them all and give them all little personality traits- just one "Bits" the mutt made from all the leftover candy. Twisting the tootsie rolls and the carmels together gives the carmels some more oomph and they hold up better. For some reason they melt in the fridge. It was a special birthday for a special friend so I made her a custom design cupcake- disco mirror balls and martini cookies which sparkled up the dance floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment